Books that made me laugh, books that changed my life, books that rocked my world… these are some of the categories that represent the books for which I’m most thankful. Here’s Tezi & I wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
The books that turned me into a reader… and eventually brought me into BookTube… Enjoy the video! We’d love your feedback.
- Books that turned me into a reader: Choose your own adventure books, The Pelican Brief by John Grisham – just couldn’t stop reading it… and I hadn’t done that before!, Stephen King’s The Stand, and Cujo were formative.
- Books that truly transported me to other worlds: Full Immersion: House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
- Books that changed my life: The Brothers Karamazov, The Lord of the Rings, Man’s Search for Meaning, The Bible you know those Psalms when you’re going through tough, tough times.
- Books that made me laugh: A Confederacy of Dunces, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Sirens of Titan. You know, those books that have you cracking up in hysterics in full view out in public. Yep, those.
- Non-Fiction that rocked my world: The Divide: American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap, Life After Death by Damien Echols, Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics…
Bonus: Books that turned me into a BookTuber: Twilight, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games?